Welcome to our website !

mademoiselle privé exhibition

By 13:55 , , , , , , , , , , ,

hi everyone!
this is my first post (duh!)
just gonna be talking about, cool places i've visited, photos i've taken, food i've eaten and just in general stuff i've done/seen!
hope you enjoy :)



So last weekend i went to the Saatchi gallery to see the Mademoiselle PrivĂ© exhibition and it was insane! I don't think I've ever taken so many pictures in one place. I'm going to put them below so you can get a feel of what it's like but you should definitely go if you get the chance. The Saatchi is one of my favourite museums ever, the artwork is always amazing and I love the layout and aesthetic of the building.  The only bad thing is about the exhibition is that there was quite a bit of a queue to get in but it's so worth it, and i kind of expected it. I also really wanted to go to the Louis Vuitton exhibition but I didn't get a chance because I didn't realise it was on for such a short period of time... If anyone has been please tell me what you think!

Even if fashion is not something you are particularly interested in, the exhibition is about more than that. While there was a room full of delicate Haute Couture gowns and an impressive diamond collection, you can also explore a French jardin, learn about the process of making Chanel perfume and take a peek inside an artistic recreation of the founder’s house herself. 

My favourite area was the sensory room, which allows visitors to touch and wander through ranges of different couture fabrics; from cream-coloured silks to the famous bouclé tweeds. Between the thousands of layers hanging from the ceilings are shadow projections of artisans pinning and sewing materials onto mannequins.


Throughout the journey you learn that Chanel is so much more than just a label and you find yourself wishing you could just try on some of the incredible dresses on display.

until next time 

x

























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *